Send me an email or leave a note with the title and short description of a video game that doesn't exist.
Once a week, I will draw pretend box art for your pretend game. It'll be fun. Maybe.

March 27, 2010

Rock Of The Dead

This week's game is from NMJ:
Rock of the Dead. It's like rock band or guitar hero except the behind the fret board stream there are zombies playing instruments in various states of decay. Also, all song lyrics are rewritten in Zombie language; that is to say grunts.

Zombies! They're the old new pirates! I find them to be legitimately unsettling- what with that whole dehumanized mob thing- so I chose to use silhouettes. The less I have to draw them, the less I have to ponder my own mortality. I could rationalize that drawing a zombie personalizes it and personalized zombies are vampires. I respect you too much to lie. After wussing out so painfully, I pretty much had locked myself into something more stark and iconic.

Would I play this game? Until I got bored consistently winning. It would be like Rock Band on Triple Easy. Easierest. Or playing early The Beatles. OH! Weird Burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment